Fortunately, sorbet can keep both your sweet tooth and your new year's resolution satisfied. While it's typically created in a similar fashion to ice cream, it's actually made without any dairy products! And what's more, you can make it yourself at home.
Ready to sorbet the winter blues away?
Cranberry Orange Sorbet
What You'll Need:
- 6 cups cranberries
- 1 ½ cups orange juice
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- Cook your cranberries, sugar, and OJ down together in a saucepan over medium-low heat for about 10 minutes.
- Transfer your mixture (which should be smelling delicious by now) into a blender and mix until smooth.
- Chill your now smooth mixture overnight.
- Once your mixture has set, process it through an ice cream maker for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Transfer your newly churned sorbet into a baking pan and freeze overnight once more.
To serve, simply take an ice cream scoop to your newly made sorbet and plate with a candied orange peel or some craisins. Enjoy!
Want to create even more delicious DIY sorbet flavors? Check out some of the other recipes below!