It is safe to say that ice cream is a staple across the nation, considering that 90% of U.S. households regularly indulge in a sweet frozen treat.
From ice cream to frozen yogurt and gelato, everyone has their preference on what makes their frozen desserts so delicious. But one thing is true across the board -- toppings are truly what makes an ice cream sundae magical. So get your desert supplies together, here are some really unique ice cream toppings that will be sure to wow any crowd.
1.Flambe bananas. Who doesn't like a little alcohol and caramel? Flambe up some bananas, and even strawberries, and they pair deliciously with vanilla or caramel gelato cups. A finer flavor for the finer palate.
2. Lemon curd. This popular topping for scones works just as well on a summer sundae! We're thinking cherry ice cream would add quite a unique spin.
3. Crystallized ginger. If you're into spicy ice cream additives, this is for you. Chocolate ice cream pairs well with this spicy companion. Add some nuts and you have a Mexican sundae but with a twist.
4. Fleur de sel. For the past few years, it seems that salt has topped every dessert imaginable. Go with the trends and put a sprinkle of this on any type of ice cream to really have an enhanced flavor experience.
5. Edible lavender. Not only does this taste good, but it gives a really fun addition to plain vanilla ice cream. Popular with tea lovers, you can't go wrong with a few petals dashed in.
6. Popcorn. Popcorn is coming onto the dessert scene with fervor. Regular salty popcorn goes great with any flavor treat, but caramel popcorn may work better as it won't wilt or melt.
7. Olive oil. An ice cream topping with plenty of antioxidants, and pairs well with a sprinkle of sea salt on a few scoops of vanilla ice cream.
8. Chocolate shavings. Give those chocolate sprinkles a run for their money.
9. Toffee. Want something salty and sweet with a little crunch? Toffee crumbles are the way to go.
10. Whoppers. The airy crunch of whoppers is a perfect pair with creamy ice cream.
But of course, you can't forget a swirl of whipped cream on an ice cream sundae! So give us a whirl at your next ice cream party and let us know what you think!