How to Make Ice Cream Pie
Ice cream pie is a delicious take-out treat you can offer at your ice cream shop! You just need a few minutes, some simple ingredients, and a little bit of freezer space. Here's how you can make your own ice cream pie!
What You'll Need:
- 4 cups softened ice cream or soft-serve
- 2 cups crumbled cookies
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- Whipped cream
- Toppings and sauces of choice
- Take-out pie tin with lid
How to Make Ice Cream Pie:
1. The Crust
To make your pie crust, crush your cookies of choice until they're very small crumbs. Stir your melted butter into the cookie crumbles until fully combined. Press this mixture into your pie tin. Make sure to make a tight, even layer of the crust.
2. The First Layer
Fill your pie crust halfway with ice cream. Add a thin layer of toppings and sauces. Make sure they're pressed into the ice cream.
3. The Second Layer
4. Freeze it
Once you've assembled your ice cream pie, cover it with the lid and place it in your freezer. Allow it to chill for at least two hours before serving.
Flavor and Topping Combinations to Try:
- S'mores: Graham crackers, chocolate ice cream, vanilla ice cream, marshmallow cream, hot fudge, chocolate-covered marshmallows
- Mint Chocolate: Grasshopper cookies, mint chocolate chip ice cream, Andes mints, dark chocolate sauce
- Pretzel Chocolate: Chocolate-covered pretzels, vanilla ice cream, chocolate ice cream, peanuts, caramel sauce
- Cherry Chocolate: Graham crackers, chocolate ice cream, maraschino cherries without stems, almond pieces, chocolate sauce
- Double Cookies and Cream: Oreo cookie pieces, cookies and cream ice cream, cookies and cream sauce, cookie dough pieces
Have you made this recipe for ice cream pie? Take a picture and tag us on Instagram, we love hearing from you!
Leave a comment