5 Essential Supplies You Need In Order to Run a Successful Ice Cream Shop
People love ice cream and if you're looking for a great business opportunity, you should absolutely capitalize on our love of frozen desserts. In any given two-week period, according to research by NPD Group, 40% of Americans will eat some kind of ice cream.
If you're starting a new ice cream business, however, you're going to need a lot more than a great location, a few hard-working employees, and a creative name to make waves in this industry.
Here are some important pieces of equipment and supplies that you'll need when opening up your very own ice cream shop:
- Ice cream machines -- Perhaps the most important piece of equipment necessary for a successful ice cream shop is a quality ice cream machine. You could purchase crates of ice cream from another business, but that just isn't the same. The best way to keep your customers happy is to serve them fresh, house-made ice cream.
- Paper drinking straws -- Supplies like paper drinking straws are often neglected when starting ice cream businesses, but they are essential. Though ice cream will be the main product on your menu, you'll serve milkshakes and other beverages; these straws will allow your customers to enjoy these tasty drinks in your shop or on the go. Just be sure you order plenty of paper drinking straws so you never run out.
- Sinks and dishwashers -- You'll likely need more than a single sink if you're expecting to serve a large customer base. Large sinks and industrial dishwasher machines are perfect to accommodate many guests and will help you stay efficient throughout the day, week, month, and year.
- Instant-read thermometer -- If you're making custard-based ice cream along with soft serve, you should have a quality thermometer. Get one that is battery-powered so you can ensure quick and accurate temperature checks.
- Cold topping counter -- The best part of visiting an ice cream shop is looking at all the delicious toppings available. You shouldn't keep everything in the back -- instead, entice your guests by displaying all your sprinkles, chocolate chips, and other toppings right out front in your cold topping counter.
If you want to find some quality paper drinking straws, custom ice cream cups, and other related products to start a successful ice cream business, give Frozen Dessert Supplies a call today!
Leave a comment