A survey by the International Dairy Foods Association showed that vanilla is the most popular ice cream flavor in the United States, so we’ve created an easy vanilla ice cream recipe you can whip up at home.
- 1 cup of half and half
- ½ cup of salt
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 cups of ice cubes
- 1 gallon-size ziplock bag
- 1 pint-size ziplock bag
Got it? Let's get started!
- Combine the half and half, sugar, and vanilla extract in the pint-sized bag. Seal the bag tightly and set aside.
- Fill the gallon-sized bag halfway with ice cubes and sprinkle with the salt.
- Drop the smaller bag into the bigger bag and seal tightly.
- Shake the bag vigorously for about five minutes or until the mixture begins to harden.
- When the consistency of the ice cream matches your heart’s content, remove the small bag from the big bag and dig in!
Instead of putting your creation in a cone, consider using a dish! In a Cumberland Farms survey, 60% of respondents said that they prefer to eat ice cream out of a dish rather than a cone or even digging straight into the carton (or bag in this case). Make your delicious homemade dessert experience memorable by picking up some ice cream cups and cool colored spoons!